Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bead Soup Ingredients

What's in the soup?
I received my soup in the mail from my partner, Stephanie LaRosa :)...somehow we <unintentionally> managed to send each other the same color palette! (We must both have warmer weather on our minds.) I'm looking forward to creating something out of the beads she sent, although it will be somewhat of a challenge for me because I predominantly work with wire and not by stringing. Thankfully I have until April 6th to finish my design(s).


soup mix from stephanie

~hibiscus pendant - handmade
  polymer clay from humble beads

~ceramic leaf pendant

~magnesite

~jade

~czech glass

~wood

~a fabulous flower clasp












...and here is what I sent her


soup mix from me for stephanie
(i wish i would have taken a better pic of this)

~flame-worked focal w/ off-center 
  hole & spacers ~ made by me

~antiqued copper clasp with extra
  jump rings~ made by me...
   inspired by deryn mentock

~faceted carnelian agates

~copper beads and charm

~misc czech glass

~a strand of orange nuggets...not
  sure what these are ;)

~white metallic leather cording




So, what do you think? Should be a good wake-up for the muses, right?!




4 comments:

  1. It is amazing that your partner's choice of colors and yours are the same. Beautiful soups. I am sure you will have plenty of fun playing with this soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look so colorful and rich, can't wait to see what comes from them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo, did you coordinate with each other? If not that is an amazing likeness. I love that little flower clasp...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by all the blogs taking part in the bead soup blog party. Cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete